Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3D Photography: Am I Too Old For Toys?

Micro Machines
3D SBS (Cross-eyed Format)

 3D Anaglyph (Red/Blue Glasses)
Recently I have been looking online at pictures of all my favorite old toys that I grew up with. I remember the quality of the toys were much better back then, funner to play with, more unique, cost less, were not obsolete in 3 days, and they were much harder to break! I think my 'elders' told me these same things of their toys. My all time favorite before video games consumed my childhood was M.U.S.C.L.E. men figures and Micro Machines. Anyone who grew up in the 80's had to have been exposed to these great toys, and most boys my age owned at least a few. I have to admit, in my troubled youth I spent plenty of days inside the department store unsupervised trying to figure out the safest/easiest way to remove these toys from their protective pouch and get them into my pockets... I always found a way, and ended up with quite a large collection which was later stolen from me by a childhood friend who moved away. *karma?*

In tribute to some of the best memories I have as a child I took these 3D photos of my favorite toys, re-collected through the power of ebay. If it brings out any fond memories from your floppy grey matter, feel free to post!

M.U.S.C.L.E. Men
3D SBS (Cross-eyed Format)

 3D Anaglyph (Red/Blue Glasses)

M.U.S.C.L.E., (Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere), was a toyline of 2-inch tall monochromatic PVC gum wrestling figures produced in the United States from 1985 to 1988. The story involved intergalactic wrestlers fighting for supremacy of the universe. The toy line itself was straight forward and collectors continue to make the line a viable hobby. The US line included 236 official figures, a boardgame, a NES game entitled M.U.S.C.L.E., a championship belt figure holder, and a wrestling ring playset. The figures were distributed in clear, blister-packed random 4-packs, semiopaque garbage can 10-packs, and boxed fixed sculpt 28 packs.


Micro Machines: The Original Scale Miniatures (called either "Micro Machines" or simply "Micros") were a line of toys originally made by Galoob (now part of Hasbro) in the mid 1980s and throughout the 1990s. Galoob licensed the idea behind Micro Machines from Clem Heeden, a toy inventor from Wisconsin. Micro Machines were tiny scale component style "playsets" and vehicles that were slightly larger than N scale. Although Micro Machines have not been sold in the United States in some years, newer models are available in the UK, Europe and the outlets in the US now also once again sell Micro Machines. Early Micro Machines television commercials were famous for featuring actor John Moschitta, Jr., who is listed on the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's fastest talker.


Amazing: These toys are all over 20 years old and still as good as new
If it doesn't say Micro Machines, it's not the real thing!
I miss the 80's

No comments:

Post a Comment