Saturday, May 7, 2011

Meeting Homer Flynn and "the Residents"

 3D Stereo Photo - (SBS) Cross Eyed Format
3D Stereo Anaglyph - (Red/Cyan Glasses)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE 'the Residents'. These masked men (and sometimes women) travel the world creating some of the most visually rich art and music there is, they are an endless fountain of inspiration for me. The main 'artist' and 'spokesman' for the anonymous group; Mr Homer Flynn, held a public art show in Oakland yesterday displaying masks, album covers, and other miscellaneous artwork that has been in use over the years on stage,  in media, and some never seen before.  It was awesome to see the work in person, and finally meet Homer and talk to him about his unique work and how it has inspired me. I also gave him a sealed copy of my very first album "ruining reason" which I am sure was hugely influenced by his work. Even better I got a nice 3D picture of the mad bunny boy himself!  See brainphreak hanging out with a sad eyeball above.

Ok everyone, frown for the camera!

Here is one of my all time favorite live videos of the Residents for your viewing and aural pleasure.


the Residents - It's A Mans World (James Brown Cover)

Check out the Residents at www.residents.com
BUY OR DIE!!!!

1 comment: